Translate

martes, 29 de enero de 2013

The Lantern

 

     
The Lantern
     

  For  so hath the Lord commanded  us, saying, I have set  thee  to be a light ,  of the Gentiles,  that thou shouldest be  for salvation  unto the ends of the  earth.

Act 13:47

One time down in Kentucky I was having a meeting. An old fellow come out, and said “Oh, I don’t believe that healing.”
I said, “Well, it’s all right. You’re an American.”
He said, “I don’t believe anything unless I see it.”
And I said, “Well, that’s all right.”
He said, “Now, I ain’t got nothing against you, but I don’t believe what you’re saying.”
I said, “It’s your own American privilege. You don’t have to.”
He said, “I never accept nothing ‘less I can see it plainly.”
I said, “Well, that’s good. You must be from Missouri.”
Said, “No, I’m Kentuckian.”
“Don’t sound very good for Kentucky,” I said, “but anyhow,” I said, “if
that’s the way you think, you go ahead.” And he said . . . I said, “How you
going home?”
He said, “I’m going across the hill. I live . . . Well, go over with me.” Nice man. Said, “Go home with me, stay all night, Brother Branham.”
I said, “I wish I could, brother, but,” I said, “I’m going up here to my uncle.” And he said . . . I said, “You want to ride over?”
Said, “No. I got to go up across the hill up there, up this way, and down a hollow, and up . . . ” You know how it is down there.
And I said, “Well,” I said, “how you going to get there?”
He said, “I’m going up the path there.”
“Why,” I said, “you can’t even see your hand before you.” I said, “How you going to get up there?”
Said, “I got a lantern.”
And I said, “Well, what do you do, light that lantern, and then walk with it?”
He said, “Yes, sir.”
I said, “When you light that lantern, can you hold it up high like this? I’d like to see your house.”
He said, “You can’t see it.”
I said, “Then how you going to get there?”
“Oh” he said, “I’ll just light the lantern, and as I walk, I just walk as the light . . . ”
I said, “That’s just it. Amen. That’s it. Just walk in the light.” Just keep walking. Don’t stand still -you’ll never get nowhere. If you’ve been saved, walk to sanctification.
You say, “How do you get there?”
Just keep walking.
“Is the baptism of the Holy Ghost after sanctification? How do I get that?”
Just keep walking in the light.
“Is signs, wonders, and miracles. . . ?”
Just keep walking in the light. Just keep on. Every time you make a step,
the light will jump just a little ahead of you, ‘cause He’s always ahead of you.
He don’t push; He leads. He is the light. Oh, I’m so glad of that. Aren’t you?
He is the light; in Him there’s no darkness.

 

60-1205 (v) The Ephesian Church Age

 

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Pro  4:18