Translate

lunes, 26 de diciembre de 2011

YOUR LAST OPPORTUNITY

 

YOUR

LAST

OPPORTUNITY  

Recently on my road to Dallas (I will hurry quickly), on my road going to Dallas, the plane was grounded. And I thought, oh my. I stayed all night, and the next morning I was going down to put my mail in the box. They told us they'd come pick us up.

I was going down the street, trying to sing that little old Christian song the Pentecost folk sing, "Glad That I Can Say I'm One of Them." Did you ever hear it? It's a...


People almost everywhere,
Hearts all burning with flames,
As the fire that fell on...
The Holy Ghost,

That makes us all the same, (or something like that).


And I was trying to sing it going down the street, my letters in my hand, going walking along down the street. I started to cross the street, the Holy Spirit said, "Stop. You're right in front of a bank."--Memphis Tennessee.

I thought, "Oh, my, what's this?"
I walked over in a corner; I said, "Father, what would You have me do?"

I stood still for a few moments, 'cause I wasn't thinking about it. I felt that real strange feeling move on me, said, "Turn and go right back."


And I went right back down passed the hotel again, just kept on going down the street, humming to myself, "Oh I'm so glad that I can say I'm one of them." Going on...


I went way on down to the other side of Memphis, on down to the colored district. I thought, "What am I doing down here?" Just led by the Spirit.

And I looked. Said, "Cross this way." And I crossed over the street and went down the other side. I was going over there. Turned to my right, went up the street this a way. All the little whitewashed places there, little colored places where the colored live.

And I passed by. And I seen a typical old aunt Jemima, with a shirt, man's shirt tied around her head, leaning over the gate. The sun was coming up, roses around the gate, the sun kissing away the fragrance away from the rose; and the air was full, the birds a singing: how glorious. And I had my hand, going along like that, singing, led of the Spirit.

I looked at her as I passed by. She was leaning over the gate. She said, "Good morning, parson." Down in the South, it's parson, you know, instead of...


I said, "Good morning, auntie." She wiped the tears from her eyes, begin to laughing.


I said, "How'd you know I was a parson? Do you know me?"
She said, "No, sir."


I said, "How'd you know I was parson?"


Said, "Parson, did you ever hear about that--a woman in the Bible, the Shunammite woman?"


And I said, "Yes."


Said, "The Lord give her a child?"
I said, "Yes."

Said, "I's was the woman that was barren too. And the Lord give me a son." And said, "I promised to raise him for the Lord." Said, "I've done my best." But said, "Parson, he took the road that's wrong." Said, "He's a fine young man and he backslid." And said, "He went out with the wrong company." And said, "He's laying in here now." Said, "The doctors had done give him all the shots they can.

He's been unconscious now for two days. The doctor says that he is going to die; it's venereal disease." Said, "Done give him everything that could be given, but it was too late before they caught it, and he's going to die." And said, "Parson, I knowed him laying there dying a backslider," said, "I couldn't stand it." Said, "I prayed and prayed, and I said, 'Lord, You gave me the boy, but where is Elijah at?'" So said, "I prayed and I prayed." And said, "This morning, a little 'fore day," said, "the Lord told me to come out here and stand at this gate." And her back was wet with dew. Said, "I just stood here 'cause," said, "I believe in the leading of the Spirit."

Oh, my, there is where God and believer meets together on common grounds of faith.


She said, "He told me to stand here." And said, "The sun came up." Said, "I just kept waiting. When you come down the street," said, "I knowed you was the parson."


I said, "My name is Branham." She told me what her name was. I said, "Did you ever hear of my services?"
"No, sir, parson."

I told her about it, and the tears begin to run down her cheeks. Said, "I knowed the Lord wouldn't fail me."

We went into the room. There laid a fine big boy laying there, about a hundred and sixty or seventy pounds, a picture of health, the blankets gathered in his hands like this going, "Ummm, ummm."


And she walked over and patted him on the cheek. She said, "Mammy's baby." Might be--old as he was.


But you know, there's a mother's love. You're always mama's baby. You know, that mother's love. No matter what you do, it's never forgotten, mother's love.

So she patted him on the cheek, said, "Mama's baby."


And I took a hold of his feet, and his feet was cold, thought, "Oh, my, he's dying." I said, "Auntie, he's in awful bad shape."


Said, "Yes, sir, parson. The doctor said he'd never gain consciousness no more."
I held his feet, and I said, "Shall we pray?"

She said, "Yes, parson."

She knelt down on the floor and she begin praying. I tell you; that old saint prayed a prayer that you'd know she was talking to God too. And when she got through praying, she said, "Thank You, dear Lord."


E-30 I walked over to where he was at. Looked at him a little bit, and I laid my hands over on him. I said, "Dear God, I don't know why You led me down here. My plane's ready to leave now." But I said, "I don't know why You led me here, but I just come by the leading. And now, in the Name of Your Son Jesus, I lay hands upon this dying boy for his life, for his soul to be saved."
Said, "Mammy. Oh, mammy."

She said, "He's talking, parson." Hadn't talked for two days.


Said, "Mammy, it's getting light." Said, "It's getting light in here, mammy. I can see where my boat's a going now." A few minutes he was on the floor rejoicing, happy.

About a week later I got a letter from him that the doctors pronounced him negative. He's living tonight in Memphis, Tennessee, healthy and strong, because that his dear old mother followed the leading of the Holy Spirit. Those that are sons and daughters of God are led by the Spirit of God. Isn't that right?

Let us bow our heads. Our heavenly Father, oh, You've been so good to us. Time gets away so easy when we're talking about Jesus, talking about His wonderful works, hearing, and today He said, "A little while, the world will see Me no more." The world doesn't understand; they're blinded by the god of this world, walking in darkness, in their own way, in their own sinful lust. But we thank Thee that Thou hast said, "I will be with you, even in you unto the end of the world."

Tonight wherever You can find a sincere heart, You'll lead them by Your Spirit.

O God, this Saturday night when many people are shopping, many are out, roadhouses, places of ill-fame, young boys laying on the barroom floor, young girls--the road that's wrong, dancing their way to a Christless grave, and the old mother's prayers--right over the top of them... O Master, somehow, lead those people. Tonight speak to them, and may they find a place tomorrow at a good old fashion altar, become Your servant. Lord may the results of this meeting be an old fashion revival break out that'll sweep plumb through the cities and the nation, for we believe that soon You shall send Jesus. Gather us together.

There's many here tonight, Father, that's sick and needy, that feels Your Spirit now. We all know that You're here. You said, "Wherever two or three are gathered, I will be in their midst." And we feeled You, literally with spiritual feeling. We know that You're here.


And now, Father, as I have testified to these people concerning a Divine gift. They only have my word unless You speak, Lord. But I know that You'll speak, vindicate it, testify of it. And all praise and glories to Thee, Thou marvelous Son of God. You're so wonderful to redeem us, us poor lost sinners worthy of death and separation, worthy of hell. But Thou has redeemed us. Oh, how my heart jumps when I think that I'm redeemed. And just as sure as You raised from the grave, someday we shall come forth with a new body that'll never be sick no more, or suffer.

Now, dear God, bless tonight those who are here. May the Holy Spirit just move right out over this audience now. Speak to every one of them, and say, "This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased." The Son of God, Jesus of Nazareth, His Spirit moving with us tonight, may they hu--sweetly accept It in the form of the Holy Spirit, and be saved and healed tonight. For we ask it in the Name of Thy Son, Jesus. Amen.

Excerpts from the Message (50-0715) Led By The Spirit.

Preached by the Rev.. William M. Branham

 

TO RETURN